Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Fading Away

Received the following from Crew colleague Dick Quimby:

Dick, and 133 troops: This morning I had coffee with a nearby friend here in Utah who flew with Ed Flanders in Germany in the 50th F-4 Squadron. He knew that Ed had also been in the 39th with me at Dover and asked if I had received Ed's email, letting folks know that his wife, Claire, had died on 10 Nov. I had not, but knew that Claire had been ill for some time, with numerous hospital stays.

Ed and Claire drove me up to New Hampshire from Dover after the last reunion, and we shared many war stories. (again!, Sheila and I knew them in the 39th) I spoke to Ed an hour ago, and he's certainly OK with letting C-133 folks know that Claire has passed away, so please pass this on to all. What great friends we've gathered, and what wonderful memories we share as we begin to "just fade away." Q

No comments: