Sunday, April 7, 2013

Sandstrom Tribute

I've heard from many of Sandy's friends with condolences, memories and respectful comments. Sandy was the Core of our Dover 133 network and legacy. Thanks to Andrew Fleming for the following tribute that reflects the thoughts and prayers of all of us:



We have lost a great "Warrior," a dedicated volunteer, and a very dear friend.

From my first visits to Dover, to work on the C-133 restoration project, Sandy was one of the key people who made my visits all the more pleasurable.  His happy smiling face always made me feel that I was welcome, and in very good company. 

I was even fortunate enough to benefit from his open-hearted hospitality when he offered to let me stay at his house on subsequent visits in order to save money on hotels.  Riding from his home to the base for air shows was always a fun time which added immeasurably to my enjoyment of the total air show experience.

He will be missed.

May he rest in peace.


Andrew S. Fleming

No comments: